Christmas and New Year's Day

1.In 200-250 words or less, prepare your personal statement on the topic below

2014 had its good and bad sides to it. I enjoyed last Christmas as usual.  Indeed, the happiest thing was that I met my grandmother’s brother and his family that was living in the United States for the last 15 years. I spent some great time with my uncle who is only eight years older than me. Even thou­­­­­­­­­­­­­gh he is my uncle but I felt as if he is my older brother. It turned out that we like similar things to do such as cooking, filming, taking photos, etc. The saddest thing was that the time we spent together was very short. I wish that they didn’t go back to the U.S.

The thing that I regret this year is the idea of regretting not attending to the music school. One of the dreams that I couldn’t fulfill is getting a kitten this year.

I believed in Santa Claus when I was a child and I still believe that Santa Claus exists in our world of imagination. Every year on Christmas we attend church. We exchange presents in our family on the eve of the New Year and decorate a real Christmas tree on that day. We usually take down the Christmas tree after the 13 of January, which is a New Year based on an old calendar. The meals that we cook during the holiday season include dolma, kufta, grilled pig, salad olivie, and different deserts with ten bottles of coca-cola. Unfortunately, I haven’t spent Christmas in a foreign country yet. Our school doesn’t organize Christmas parties, which I wish they did.


Indeed, New Years’ holidays are the best ones in the year!

Комментарии