Olympics

1. What are the most popular Olympic events in your   country?
2. Who are Olympic celebrities in your country?
3. Do you do any sports that are in the Olympics.
4. Would you like to take part in the Olympics?

1-2. There are only few sports which popular in Armenia. The most popular is wrestling. Our champion Arayik Gevorgyan who gained most gold medal achievements from other Armenian Olympic wrestling team sportsman. Arayik Gevorgyan was born January 22, 1973 in a village of the Artashat region of the Armenian Soviet Union. He started wrestling in 1984 under the leadership of Razmik Goletsyana. Gevorgyan became a European Junior Champion in 1991. In 1992, Gevorgyan joined the Armenia youth freestyle wrestling team. Gevorgyan became a European Youth Champion in 1992 and a World Youth Champion in 1993.  Gevorgyan joined the Armenian national freestyle wrestling team. Gevorgyan is a three-time consecutive World Wrestling Champion, having won a gold medal at the 1995 World Wrestling Championships, 1997 World Wrestling Championships and 1998 World Wrestling Championships.

3-4. I went to swimming when I was 10 years old, for only 2 years.  At that time I like that sport very much. And I taught to try me in other Olympic sports, unfortunately I have not find sport which I would like.  


Комментарии