Work For a Living

1.What are the advantages and disadvantages of working in a place where food is either prepared, sold or served? (a restaurant, a food factory, or a supermarket).


If I were to work in a restaurant I would like to be a chef as I really enjoy cooking. As a cook I can learn and produce new recipes and refine the old ones. I can be creative in designing the dishes for serving the customers. Those will be the advantages working in a restaurant.

One of the disadvantages can be that my chefwear will smell with different spices and I have to change it every day. As a chef I should be very careful in preparing the meals so the customers remain satisfied. This can be viewed both as an advantage or disadvantage. It is an advantage because it will make me cook very well. If I make some mistakes then it can be viewed as a disadvantage.


Other disadvantage can be that if the food is not served on time customers can blame not only servants but also the chef.  Another disadvantage is the possibility of getting the kitchen on fire or getting cuts and burns while cooking. Indeed, the worst disadvantage is the late hours that the chefs must work. 


2. You are interested in doing a part-time job to earn some money. You see an advertisement and you want some more information. So write a letter to this company for the information and add any relevant information about yourself.


Claude Monet Restaurant
25 Spiridonovka Street/20c1
Moscow, Russia


Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you in regards to your advertisement for a chef’s assistant position in your remarkable restaurant.

I have a great desire to become a chef myself one day. I was ten years old when I started to experiment different recipes myself. I have cooked at least one dish every other day. My first one was vegetarian pizza with no dough. Instead of dough I have grated potatoes and added other vegetables to make my pizza. Recently, I improvised a meal with forcemeat cooked in oven. The forcemeat contained several layers to it. The first one was lavash followed by round-cut potatoes, the forcemeat itself, tomatoes, little mayo, shampinioni, grated cheddar with grated dried basil leaves followed by different spices.

I will be happy to present you the collection of my recipes upon our meeting.

I understand that chef should possess not only with ability of making good recipes but one should be neat, organized and eager to work with other people. I believe I can satisfy those needs.

I hope this opportunity will be a start of my long career in cooking. Will you please send the details of this position to me, such as the specific responsibilities and the time schedule?

Thank you for your consideration. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at 077 *** *** or via e-mail p-gevorg@mskh.am

Sincerely,

Gevorg Papayan

Комментарии